Machinery manufacturer NGA Group, headquartered in Austria, has opened a new business in Chennai, India, the company announced in a recent statement.
The Indian market is currently the fastest growing in the polymer industry today, according to DI Dr. Friedrich Kastner and Corné Verstraten, the majority shareholders of the NGA Group, especially as regards masterbatch production, compounding and blown and cast film production. It therefore made sense for NGA, specialised in extrusion, compounding and recycling equipment, to take its technology there.
“It is a fact that local plastic processing companies upgrade their production infrastructures with technologies, which correspond to global standards,” said Kastner and Verstraten.
NGA GmbH owns 70% of the shares in the new NGA Plastic Technology Pvt. Ltd. The remaining 30% are held by Techscience Service Pvt Ltd, an Indian company, that has acted as a distributor for NGA’s Collin Lab & Pilot Solutions GmbH for over 30 years.
The new company will focus on supplying easy-to-handle laboratory-scale test and R&D lines, based on the well-tried Collin technology, manufactured in India under the trade name Collin Asia. The first machines will be launched under the brand name Easy Line. This will be a family of table-top machines designed for the processing of polymers, for training purposes, research and development and include presses, extruders, compounders, blown as well as flat film lines, roll mills and pressure filter tests.
A new hiree has been taken on board to manage the company. Tasked with further building and developing the Indian market, as well as that of South East Asia and Africa, Rajnissh Soodd has been appointed as the Country Manager of NGA Plastic Technology Pvt. Ltd. Soodd brings over two decades of experience in the industry to the job and, said Corné Verstraten, ‘he will effectively position the range of products of COLLIN Asia in the target market segments’.
The NGA Group is comprised of Collin Lab & Pilot Solutions, Germany; BritAS Recycling-Anlagen, Germany; COMELT Collin Melt Solutions, Austria; NGA Plastic Technology Inc., USA; and NGA Plastic Technology, Singapore.